$3.98 – $25.37
Aroma: Musky, woodsy, earthy
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Part Used: Wood
Chemical Family: Sesquiterpene
Cedarwood Atlas has protective antifungal, astringent and antiseptic properties which make it a valuable addition to hair or skin care routines. It has a lovely sweet and woodsy aroma that is comforting and soothing. For those who suffer from anxiety and stress, it often has a calming, sedative effect. Cedarwood Atlas is said to contain properties that have made it a popular treatment for acne and eczema, to repel insects, ease coughing, to cleanse wounds, and more.
This is an easy oil to use in personal blends and goes well with many other essential oils. Because its scent doesn’t tend to dominate a blend, many use Cedarwood Atlas as a base they can add other oils to while they experiment and create new aromas that appeal to them. Cedarwood Atlas goes great with the vast majority of oils, including citrus oils like Bergamot or Orange, floral type oils such as Clary Sage, Jasmine, or Ylang Ylang, and woodsy oils like Juniper Berry or Cypress among many others.
- Improve Complexion: Dilute and apply topically to help kill bacteria, reducing acne breakouts. Its astringent properties can help tone and lift skin.
- Anxiety/Stress: This comforting oil is can be easily used to help reduce everyday stress and anxiety. Add several drops to a diffuser, or apply to the forehead or reflex points.
- Bacterial/Fungal infection: Cedarwood is a popular choice to purify and help prevent fungal issues of the skin.
- Congestion & Cough: This soothing oil, as an expectorant, can help reduce congestion, while antispasmodic properties can help reduce spastic coughing.
- Focus: Can be used to help focus the mind by reducing nervous energy.
- Insect Repellent: One of the more popular uses for Cedarwood Atlas, it can be diffused or applied topically to help repel insects.
- Skin Health: Can be added to a bath, or applied topically to help tone skin, improve complexion, soothe eczema, and cleanse the area of bacteria and fungus.
- Minor Wounds: May be diluted and used to help cleanse minor cuts and scrapes to help purify the area and encourage the healing process.
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, 10ml, and 30ml sizes and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil.
- Our Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottle comes in a 10ml size and is made of 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops to skin (on area of concern, pulse points, abdomen, back)
Add to skin or skin care products
Add 6-8 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to spritz in room or on linens
Inhale scent directly from bottle
INTERNALLY: (see internal use safety recommendations)
Dilute with carrier oil & add to cold or hot beverage to benefit body systems
Add 1-10 diluted drops to capsule
Cautions: None known.
Our Recommendations: If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have liver or kidney disfunction, consult your health practitioner before use. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
We recommend to always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil before topical or internal use (see internal use document). If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (If it is not already diluted, dilute with a carrier oil) If redness, itchiness, or inflammation occurs, discontinue use or use a greater dilution with a carrier oil.
Store in a covered or dark, airtight container in the refrigerator or cool area for longest shelf life.
Tab Content goes here