$2.95 – $22.82
Aroma: Woodsy, evergreen, fresh
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Part Used: Fir Needle
Balsam fir has a scent many associate with the holidays. This uplifting aroma can uplift, refresh, and balance moods. It can also be used to support a healthy immune system and environment by inhibiting seasonal viruses. Balsam fir can be diffused or diluted and applied topically to the chest to help support a healthy respiratory system and nasal function. Some find it a comforting oil to use for tired muscles or joints when added to a carrier or massage oil and rubbed into areas of pain, stiffness, or discomfort.
- Energizing: Aroma is energetic and lively
- Immune: Supports a healthy immune system, inhibits viruses and bad bacteria
- Mood: Uplifting, refreshing, balancing
- Muscles & Joints: Calming to stressed muscles, helps support healthy joints
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, 10ml, and 30ml and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic essential oil
- Our Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottle comes in a 10ml size and is made of 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with a high-quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops on area of concern, pulse points, abdomen, or back
Add several drops to skin or skin care products
Add 8-10 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to spritz in a room or on linens
Inhale scent directly from the bottle, or put a drop on a tissue and inhale
Cautions (dermal): Hypersensitive, diseased or damages skin, children under 2 years of age.
Our Recommendations: If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, consult your physician before use. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (If it is not already diluted, dilute with a carrier oil).
Store in a covered or dark, airtight container in the refrigerator or cool area for longest shelf life.
Balsam Fir components fight Staphylococcus aureus (Staph) bacteria.
- Pichette A, Larouche PL, Lebrun M, et al. (2006) Composition and antibacterial activity of Abies balsamea essential oil. Phytother Res. May;20(5):371-73.
The Abies balsamea (L.) Mill. (balsam fir oil) essential oil was tested against solid tumour cell lines…and reported significant cytotoxicity in all these cell lines.
- Legault J, Dahl W, Debiton E, Pichette A, Madelmont JC (2003) Antitumor activity of balsam fir oil: production of reactive oxygen species induced by alpha-humulene as possible mechanism of action. Planta Med. 2003 May; 69(5):402-7.
Balsam fir essential oil helps kill some cancer cells (breast, prostate lung, colorectal, and melanoma)(1).
- Legault J, Dahl W, Debiton E, et al. (2003) Antitumor activity of balsam fir oil: Production of reactive oxygen species possible mechanism of action. Panta Med. 69(5):404-07.
1 Johnson, S. A. (2015). Evidence- based essential oil therapy: The ultimate guide to the therapeutic and clinical application of essential oils. Place of publication not identified: Scott A. Johnson Professional Writing Services, LLC.