$3.98 – $8.95
Aroma: Spicy, peppery, sweet
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Part Used: Leaf
Tarragon is an extremely potent essential oil and a very small amount goes a long way! This oil is especially impressive where spasms are concerned and many find it effective where digestive issues and spasms are present. To help warm stiff painful muscles, add a drop to your favorite muscle rub and enjoy the relaxingly rich spicy scent.
- Gas: Tarragon’s antispasmodic and carminative properties make it very helpful for relieving gas and for comforting the digestive system.
- Spasms: Tarragon is a popular choice to ease spastic cough and for calming spasms of the intestines.
- Muscle pain: Try adding a drop to your favorite muscle rub to relieve muscle spasms and cramps.
- Insomnia: Its sedative properties make it idea for helping ease you into a deep restful sleep.
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, and 10ml sizes and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil.
- Our Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottle comes in a 10ml size and is made of 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops on area of concern, pulse points, abdomen, or back
Add several drops to skin or skin care products
Add 8-10 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to spritz in a room or on linens
Inhale scent directly from the bottle, or put a drop on a tissue and inhale
INTERNALLY: (see internal use safety recommendations)
Dilute with carrier oil & add to cold or hot beverage to benefit body systems
Add 1-10 diluted drops to capsule
Add a drop to a wide variety of dishes to enhance the flavor of foods.
To maintain therapeutic benefits, add after heating food.
Our Recommendations: If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have liver or kidney dysfunction, consult your physician before use. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (If it is not already diluted, dilute with a carrier oil).
Store in a covered or dark, airtight container in the refrigerator or cool area for longest shelf life.
antibacterial activity against human pathogens of E. coli, S. aureus, S. epidermidis, Brochothrix thermosphacta, Listeria innocua, L. monocytogenes, Pseudomonas putida, Shewanella putrefaciens
- Swamy, M. K., Akhtar, M. S., & Sinniah, U. R. (2016). Antimicrobial Properties of Plant Essential Oils against Human Pathogens and Their Mode of Action: An Updated Review. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2016, 3012462.
- Lopes-Lutz D., Alviano D. S., Alviano C. S., Kolodziejczyk P. P. Screening of chemical composition, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of Artemisia essential oils. Phytochemistry. 2008;69(8):1732–1738. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2008.02.014.
- Teixeira B., Marques A., Ramos C., et al. Chemical composition and antibacterial and antioxidant properties of commercial essential oils. Industrial Crops and Products. 2013;43(1):587–595. doi: 10.1016/j.indcrop.2012.07.069.