$16.95 – $48.95
Aroma: herbaceous, warm, sweet
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Part Used: Flowers
Perfect for relaxing after a long day of work, blue tansy can soothe raw nerves, promote relaxation, and help bring clarity of thought. It can also be applied topically for a variety of purposes, from calming overactive nerves such as with fibromyalgia or sciatica, to diminishing bruises, and also for muscle aches, and blemished skin. Blue Tansy is a versatile and useful oil that‘s also a pleasure to use.
- Allergies: For those suffering from common allergens, such as pollen, blue tansy may provide comfort and relief from symptoms.
- Anxiety & Stress: Calming, pleasant, captivating scent is uplifting and promotes relaxation and clarity of thought.
- Muscular Aches: Massage into sore, overworked muscles, stiff joints, or into tired and abused feet to promote relaxation and provide comforting relief.
- Nerves: Calms the nerves and quiets the nervous system. May be helpful for those who suffer from fibromyalgia.
- Skin: Cleansing and soothing to the skin, blue tansy is excellent for sunburns, eczema, and blemished skin. It’s also excellent for taking the itch out of bug bites and to help heal bruises.
Available Sizes & Bottle Styles
- Aromatherapy Style Bottles come in 2 ml, 5ml, 10ml, and 30ml and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic essential oil
- Ready-to-Go Roll-on Style Bottles come in 4 ml and 10ml sizes, and are 100% pure & potent therapeutic grade essential oil expertly mixed with high quality carrier oil to make these roll-ons ready to use on-the-go with the ideal balance of aroma, potency & safety.
Apply 1-2 diluted drops on area of concern, pulse points, abdomen, or back
Add several drops to skin or skin care products
Add 8-10 drops to a diffuser
Add a drop to palms of hands, cover nose and mouth and inhale
Add to water in spray bottle to spritz in a room or on linens
Inhale scent directly from the bottle, or put a drop on a tissue and inhale
Cautions (dermal): Hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin, children under 2 years of age.
Our Recommendations: If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, consult your physician before use. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (If it is not already diluted, dilute with a carrier oil).
Store in a covered or dark, airtight container in the refrigerator or cool area for longest shelf life.
Blue Tansy suppresses the growth of common food fungi.
- Greeche H, Hajjaji N, Ismaili-Alaoui M, et al. (2000) Chemical composition and antifungal properties of the essential oil of Tanacetum annuum. J Essent Oil Res. 12(1):122-24.
According to in vitro research, Blue Tansy helps decrease inflammation.
- Baylac S, Racine P, (2003) Inhibition of 5-lipoxygenase by essential oils and other natural fragrances. Int J Aromatherapy. 12(2-3):138-42.
Research suggests, in vitro, that Chamazulene (a constituent found in Blue Tansy) shows antioxidant activity.
- Querio, G., Antoniotti, S., Foglietta, F., Bertea, C. M., Canaparo, R., Gallo, M. P., & Levi, R. (2018). Chamazulene Attenuates ROS Levels in Bovine Aortic Endothelial Cells Exposed to High Glucose Concentrations and Hydrogen Peroxide. Frontiers in physiology, 9, 246. doi:10.3389/fphys.2018.00246
Chamazulene shows antioxidant activity.
- Ornano L, Venditti A, Ballero M, et al. Chemopreventive and antioxidant activity of the chamazulene-rich essential oil obtained from Artemisia arborescens L. growing on the Isle of La Maddalena, Sardinia, Italy. Chem Biodivers. 2013;10(8):1464-74.